What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRD WebsiteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum is under immense reconstruction at the moment, but new members are still welcome to register
Newly registered members should start by making an introduction thread.
Any other thread they attempt to make will be locked until an introduction has been made.
All users with zero posts will be removed at the end of the month.
If you have any ideas, hit up the admins in the chat or shoot them a PM.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Conway was here in 2020
What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 5:08 am by Conway

» Happy Birthday to TDP
What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:44 pm by CallousVulpix

» It's time for RD to revive
What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 pm by AngryBadger

» Hello boys and girls
What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:03 pm by AngryBadger

» Rapid Dissension Skype chat group
What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 pm by Chozo

» How did Rosalina get in over Daisy
What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 am by ~Momentai~

» Sound Off?
What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:28 pm by Chozo

» Requesting a Smash Meeting
What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 3:10 pm by StarGalaxy777

» SSB4 3DS
What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 am by AngryBadger

» We need an SSB4 section.
What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 am by AngryBadger

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

What is your Favorite Stage?

Go down 
+4
Darkmetroidomega
Chozo
TheDarkPlumber2.0
flamemetal3
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male
Brawl FC : 2320-5897-5717

What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:59 pm

AngryBadger wrote:
flamemetal3 wrote:
AngryBadger wrote:
Brawling me offline would probably be one of your worst nightmares Wink

That's pretty funny because that's what I tell everyone (in the neighborhood). It would more like the clash of nightmares, Badger. By the way, your Diddy Kong is absolutely frustrating; throwing bananas, grabbing, & smashing all the time. I'm gonna kick its butt next time I see it. scratch

I'll take that as a compliment What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 Icon_razz but really my Diddy is one of those who are better offline so just imagine that What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
It's too bad you kept letting your naners fall into my hands when we 1v1'ed. lol, but I know he's not exactly the character you're looking to main. Also, fail glidetoss on WiFi is fail :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/darkmetroidomega
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male
Brawl FC : 3781-0731-7137

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:
I like Spear Pillar. The top is perfect for fighting, spiking those coming up from the bottom is fun, the stage interacts well, and the gimmicks are more fun than cheap.

On serious terms I like to play on Pokemon Stadium (Melee) but as for fun I choose Spear Pillar

@ToC:You know whats funny Cresellia never has a nest there (Meaning you cant catch it there at all, Giratina would've been a better choice than the Lunar Pokemon
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male
Brawl FC : 4426 1734 7606

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:43 pm

StarGalaxy777 wrote:
Triforce Of Chozo wrote:
I like Spear Pillar. The top is perfect for fighting, spiking those coming up from the bottom is fun, the stage interacts well, and the gimmicks are more fun than cheap.

On serious terms I like to play on Pokemon Stadium (Melee) but as for fun I choose Spear Pillar

@ToC:You know whats funny Cresellia never has a nest there (Meaning you cant catch it there at all, Giratina would've been a better choice than the Lunar Pokemon

I prefer Stadium to Pillar because of the bottom and that accursed Cressellia...

At the time, Giratina didn't have a "nest" there either, and was not nearly popular at all... you just walked around Turnback cave (boring) until you found him, and then he rested in his box. In Platinum, he got more awesome looking and had his own alternate world on Spear Pillar, which was much more epic. Plus, the movie made him out to be intense (he randomly jumps out of a portal to blind-side Dialga as it drinks from a lake). If only Platinum came out before Brawl, we'd get Giratina instead of Cressalia, who really does have no business being at the Pillar.
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male
Brawl FC : 1334-0833-5623

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:22 am

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
I prefer Stadium to Pillar because of the bottom and that accursed Cressellia...

At the time, Giratina didn't have a "nest" there either, and was not nearly popular at all... you just walked around Turnback cave (boring) until you found him, and then he rested in his box. In Platinum, he got more awesome looking and had his own alternate world on Spear Pillar, which was much more epic. Plus, the movie made him out to be intense (he randomly jumps out of a portal to blind-side Dialga as it drinks from a lake). If only Platinum came out before Brawl, we'd get Giratina instead of Cressalia, who really does have no business being at the Pillar.

I think competitively and online we all prefer PS 1, but Pillar hasn't been bad to me, and in a live FFA it's barrels of fun.

Cresselia indeed has no business there, but Giratina still doesn't in my mind. Dialga and Palkia are the only ones who should be showing up there, although Nintendo could bring in Arceus... Nah, stick with those two. Stages that attack individuals are gay. The beams, and time and space warps are fine with me, but Cresselia really takes away some of the fun (just like the arm and cannon on Halberd, as well as the cannons on Pirate Ship).
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male
Brawl FC : 1161-0480-7751

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:49 am

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:
Cresselia really takes away some of the fun (just like the arm and cannon on Halberd, as well as the cannons on Pirate Ship).
Yeah, I totally agree that Cresselia is such an annoyance on Spear Pillar. In fact if I ever get Cresselia when playing on Spear pillar, I'll just quit instead. On Wi-Fi I wouldn't do that, but Even still, I don't enjoy it as much because of that stupid pokemon throwing it's razor feathers or whatever the heck those are.
Giratina would have been a cool addition to the game and his appearance would of been awesome. If only..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Arceus would never descend from his pedastal and brawl on the pillar... even if he did (which would be awesome), he would only have moves that targeted players. Or just obliterated the stage. Giratina would be cool, because instead of the altar where Dialga or Palkia are, a giant shadow portal would open up, with glowing red eyes in it. He would occasionally jump out and do some damage before returning (in the absence of the other's laser blast), but the real fun comes from him distorting the stage, like Palkia at times but also contouring the stage (like the fuzzies from Yoshi's Island). Maybe even suck you into a shadow world for a little bit?
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:05 pm

Basically we all dislike the Lunar Pokemon...case closed...
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:34 pm

StarGalaxy777 wrote:
Basically we all dislike the Lunar Pokemon...case closed...

I know she's supposed to be the yin to Darkrai's yang, but I hate her in every context- she learns terrible moves, she can be utilized in most tournaments (I support the movement to have all demi-legendaries banned... I'm looking at you, Rotom, Latios, and Latias), she's just lame, and I don't care enough to run around the world playing hide and seek with her. Throw in befouling my beloved Brawl, and I'm done with her.
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:39 pm

LOL anyways what other stages are your favorite?
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:54 pm

StarGalaxy777 wrote:

Aside from those already mentioned (That's my favortie casual stage Pictochat and my preferred serious stage FD), I like things fairly simple. You'll find all the neutral stages on my list (aka the boring ones), plus Delfino plaza and Castle Seige (those aren't neutral, are they? Bah, doesn't matter, whatever).

I'm really big into custom stages though- I got my start building stages, and achieved fairly high success on IGN's Smash World (not to toot my own horn or anything)
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:27 am

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
StarGalaxy777 wrote:

Aside from those already mentioned (That's my favortie casual stage Pictochat and my preferred serious stage FD), I like things fairly simple. You'll find all the neutral stages on my list (aka the boring ones), plus Delfino plaza and Castle Seige (those aren't neutral, are they? Bah, doesn't matter, whatever).

I'm really big into custom stages though- I got my start building stages, and achieved fairly high success on IGN's Smash World (not to toot my own horn or anything)

Yes, you are kind of a crowd favorite (for those who care to venture outside their own personal bubble).
I think a lot of the top rated stages on SSBW are overrated, like Colosseum 4. Do you know when Sejanus is gonna finish that awards thing?
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:49 am

I've been talking to the Captain and he's just been telling mii that he is waiting for the results to appear. Waiting on the admins to post it up on the front page basically. He doesn't know anything about it the release date either, at least I don't think. I just finished asking him so we'll see what he says...

-Yeah Cresselia sucks.
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:34 pm

flamemetal3 wrote:
I've been talking to the Captain and he's just been telling mii that he is waiting for the results to appear. Waiting on the admins to post it up on the front page basically. He doesn't know anything about it the release date either, at least I don't think. I just finished asking him so we'll see what he says...

-Yeah Cresselia sucks.

I wonder what they're waiting for? Sparky is usually pretty busy though, and she said this was going to be done up real snazzy, so I'd imagine it's being worked on. I'm just curious to see who won what.

Don't you think that for a party game, Brawl is actually pretty good about stages? I mean, out of however many stages we have 4 or 5 "neutral" stages, and quite a few more that aren't too biased or gimmicked to be counterpicks.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:11 pm

The whole site's relaxed, because we all have stuff going on. It's been a while since I dropped by, gotta do something fancy.

I don't view Brawl as a party game per se, just something that gets brought out during get togethers. Except for the obligatory ridiculous stages (looking at you, Mario Bros), htey did a much better job of keeping things simple but unique. Melee had some ridiculous stages, if they wanted Brawl to be taken seriously they had to offer more toned down ones. FD and Battlefield only go so far.
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:41 pm

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
The whole site's relaxed, because we all have stuff going on. It's been a while since I dropped by, gotta do something fancy.

I don't view Brawl as a party game per se, just something that gets brought out during get togethers. Except for the obligatory ridiculous stages (looking at you, Mario Bros), htey did a much better job of keeping things simple but unique. Melee had some ridiculous stages, if they wanted Brawl to be taken seriously they had to offer more toned down ones. FD and Battlefield only go so far.

Relaxed is an awefully light way to put it.

Unfortunately Brawl is considered a party game by that evergrowing niche of casual gamers. Just look at some of those ridiculous items, and remember the laughs you've had because of this game. Nintendo did a great job of meshing together silly family fun with a damn good fighting game.
Wait, the topic had to do with stages...
FD and Battlefield are simly the most neutral stages, easy to find in the top left corner of the stage selection screen, and the new competitive brawler's best friends. It takes time to get adjusted to some stages, but FD and BF are so simple that people pick them up fairly quickly (along with Yoshi's Island and Smashville). I'm personally going to work on developing a "home stage", one that I can counterpick and almost guarantee a victory on.
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 11:51 am

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:
I'm personally going to work on developing a "home stage", one that I can counterpick and almost guarantee a victory on.
That's a very good idea, I'm gonna start doing the same thing. Specializing in a stage could actually turn out to give you many wins if you can learn to take advantage of the events that go on in them.

Brawl is the ultimate game with replay value, it just never gets tiring. You can be as good as you want and still end up losing, that's the fun of it. Anyone can get beaten. Items turned on make winning anyone's destiny. Sometimes it may be cheap to lose by a surprising explosion from a little capsule or prat fall in front of a charged up smash attack, but that's what makes you come back for more.
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:18 pm

flamemetal3 wrote:
Triforce Of Chozo wrote:
I'm personally going to work on developing a "home stage", one that I can counterpick and almost guarantee a victory on.
That's a very good idea, I'm gonna start doing the same thing. Specializing in a stage could actually turn out to give you many wins if you can learn to take advantage of the events that go on in them.

Brawl is the ultimate game with replay value, it just never gets tiring. You can be as good as you want and still end up losing, that's the fun of it. Anyone can get beaten. Items turned on make winning anyone's destiny. Sometimes it may be cheap to lose by a surprising explosion from a little capsule or prat fall in front of a charged up smash attack, but that's what makes you come back for more.

If I was to pick a home stage it would be spear pillar ^_^
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 3:22 pm

[quote="StarGalaxy777"]
Quote :
Because of the many events that occur isn't it?
Its a very fun stage indeed, but it could end up killing you yourself. But unless you master to dodge/use every single trick that Dialga, Palkia, and Cresselia all pull of then you're in for a world of random wins.
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:47 pm

[quote="flamemetal3"]
StarGalaxy777 wrote:
Quote :
Its a very fun stage indeed, but it could end up killing you yourself. But unless you master to dodge/use every single trick that Dialga, Palkia, and Cresselia all pull of then you're in for a world of random wins.

Meaning the wins would be unhonorable? What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 Icon_pale
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 10:54 pm

[quote="StarGalaxy777"]
flamemetal3 wrote:
StarGalaxy777 wrote:
Quote :

Meaning the wins would be unhonorable? What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 Icon_pale

No unhonorable, just unreliable, or even cheap. A win is a win, regardless of whether you spam lazors or whorenado, or are a good clean Ganon.
Looking at AiB rules, Spear Pillar isn't even a viable counterpick (although it's feasible if your opponent agrees to it). I too like Spear Pillar, but there's just too much random interrupting the battle. Go for another stage.
Personally, I think I like Lylat.
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:06 am

[quote="Triforce Of Chozo"]
StarGalaxy777 wrote:
flamemetal3 wrote:
StarGalaxy777 wrote:
Quote :

No unhonorable, just unreliable, or even cheap. A win is a win, regardless of whether you spam lazors or whorenado, or are a good clean Ganon.
Looking at AiB rules, Spear Pillar isn't even a viable counterpick (although it's feasible if your opponent agrees to it). I too like Spear Pillar, but there's just too much random interrupting the battle. Go for another stage.
Personally, I think I like Lylat.

Hmm ill see what I can can find to replace it....
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 4:23 pm

StarGalaxy777 wrote:
Hmm ill see what I can can find to replace it....

Why not use Norfair? It's good for Ivy and Char, although you can't shellshift or hydroplane with Squirtle.
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:35 pm

Norfair definitely saves Ivysaur's butt from dieing so many times. How would it help Charizard? And Squirtle would totally own at Norfair even if it can't really use shellshifting or hydroplaning, its got lots of aerial movement and combat abilities to give it a mighty chance.
Norfair is also Link's best stage, He will prevent many of his deaths because of the fierce lava thats flowing underneath. His projectiles all have access to every tier on the stage. And his Zair or the Up-throw can kill when your at the edges of the stage, because you're so close to the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:22 pm

My home stage would be Pictochat, since apparently I'm the only one who likes it Razz
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:28 am

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
My home stage would be Pictochat, since apparently I'm the only one who likes it Razz
Haha Pictochat, that's one of the better stages out there. Its got to be the longest, non walk-off floating stage in the game. ~The edges are funky but interesting to interact with. And stuff like the fireballs and the moving cart are annoying at times. Fun stage TDP, you should master it, I'm sure you'll get good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your Favorite Stage?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next