What is your Favorite Stage? MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
What is your Favorite Stage? MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRD WebsiteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum is under immense reconstruction at the moment, but new members are still welcome to register
Newly registered members should start by making an introduction thread.
Any other thread they attempt to make will be locked until an introduction has been made.
All users with zero posts will be removed at the end of the month.
If you have any ideas, hit up the admins in the chat or shoot them a PM.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Conway was here in 2020
What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 5:08 am by Conway

» Happy Birthday to TDP
What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:44 pm by CallousVulpix

» It's time for RD to revive
What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 pm by AngryBadger

» Hello boys and girls
What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:03 pm by AngryBadger

» Rapid Dissension Skype chat group
What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 pm by Chozo

» How did Rosalina get in over Daisy
What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 am by ~Momentai~

» Sound Off?
What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:28 pm by Chozo

» Requesting a Smash Meeting
What is your Favorite Stage? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 3:10 pm by StarGalaxy777

» SSB4 3DS
What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 am by AngryBadger

» We need an SSB4 section.
What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 am by AngryBadger

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

What is your Favorite Stage?

Go down 
+4
Darkmetroidomega
Chozo
TheDarkPlumber2.0
flamemetal3
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male
Brawl FC : 1161-0480-7751

What is your Favorite Stage? Empty
PostSubject: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 2:55 am

My favorite stage (excluding custom) has got to be Frigate Orpheon.
It's got like frantic upside down turns happening in the midst of battle and then the lights go out, and to top it off the platforms at the sides that move in and out are hilarious booby traps.

What is your Favorite Stage? Stage20_071218d-2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male
Brawl FC : 4426 1734 7606

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:42 pm

It depends on the situation... if I'm playing to determine who's better, it's gotta be Final Destination, no items (duh).

But when it comes to the best stage overall (also excluding customs), I like Pictochat. It's like Final Destination with random happenings that aren't unfair but momentarily change the entire game.
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male
Brawl FC : 1334-0833-5623

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:06 pm

I like Spear Pillar. The top is perfect for fighting, spiking those coming up from the bottom is fun, the stage interacts well, and the gimmicks are more fun than cheap.
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:
I like Spear Pillar. The top is perfect for fighting, spiking those coming up from the bottom is fun, the stage interacts well, and the gimmicks are more fun than cheap.

Unless its Cressiala, then it's just terrible.
Back to top Go down
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male
Brawl FC : 2320-5897-5717

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 1:55 am

In a serious match, Battlefield (most of the time). Delfino is usually my favorite CP.

In a friendly let's-joke-around match, nothing can beat the epicness of Aero Port Town Drive.

In a let's-spam-the-crap-outta-the-game match, nothing beats 4 dsmash-happy Game&Watches on Rainbow Cruise O.O
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/darkmetroidomega
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 2:28 am

Quote :
Unless its Cressiala, then it's just terrible.

You've got to be kidding mii DarkPlumber, Spear Pillar is only fun When Dialga and Palkia are there. Cresselia's attack with that stupid razor wind thing is my biggest pet peeve in all of Smash Bros. History. Even more than the Mario Bros. stage.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 4:20 am

Flamemetal, I totally agree. Terrible hasn't changed meaning since last I checked.
Back to top Go down
RedJemFlashFeng95
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
RedJemFlashFeng95

Male
Brawl FC : 4640-8781-7337

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 7:15 pm

Battlefield. nuff said.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Bleh, Battlefields' too small for me. I know that puts me in the minority, but...
Back to top Go down
AngryBadger
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
AngryBadger

Male
Brawl FC : 3051-5262-4330

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:04 am

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
It depends on the situation... if I'm playing to determine who's better, it's gotta be Final Destination, no items (duh).

Truthfully I really don't like Final Destination so on to a new topic.

RedJemFlashFeng95 wrote:
Battlefield. nuff said.

Battlefield is the best stage for competitive (opinion)

My favorite stage in general is Distant Planet you know you have just stood there and waited to back throw some one into the grub dod's mouth. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:53 am

AngryBadger wrote:
My favorite stage in general is Distant Planet you know you have just stood there and waited to back throw some one into the grub dod's mouth. Very Happy

Grub DOG, lol.
That stage can be fun, or it can be annoying. No stage will ever suck as hard as Elektroplankton though.
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
CallousVulpix
Hunter
CallousVulpix

Female

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:40 pm

I prefer Smashville myself. Razz I like to mess around on the Mario Bros. Stage (purple turtles rule!) And I happen to like Distant Planet.

Last edited by Dragoniterider on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dragoniterider.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/CallousVulpix/
AngryBadger
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
AngryBadger

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:45 pm

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:

Grub DOG, lol.
That stage can be fun, or it can be annoying. No stage will ever suck as hard as Elektroplankton though.

Well actually I made this fun little game for when your bored using the stage Elektroplankton.

2 Minute Spike Fest

You go into Basic Brawl Get somebody you want to spike with keep choosing this stage until you get it (This part fails at times) and see how many spikes you can get in 2 minutes lol!

My record is 8 spikes with Ike. I challenge you to beat it! <--- No Michael Jackson jokes please Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:17 pm

AngryBadger wrote:
Triforce Of Chozo wrote:

Grub DOG, lol.

Well actually I made this fun little game for when your bored using the stage Elektroplankton.

2 Minute Spike Fest

You go into Basic Brawl Get somebody you want to spike with keep choosing this stage until you get it (This part fails at times) and see how many spikes you can get in 2 minutes lol!

My record is 8 spikes with Ike. I challenge you to beat it! <--- No Michael Jackson jokes please Very Happy

Lol, I don't know that I can.
Were you fighting those two spamlicious Kirbys?
Back to top Go down
AngryBadger
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
AngryBadger

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:

Yes I was fighting very spammy Kirbys but on that note. How many non n00bs have you found in Basic Brawl?
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:49 pm

AngryBadger wrote:
Triforce Of Chozo wrote:

Yes I was fighting very spammy Kirbys but on that note. How many non n00bs have you found in Basic Brawl?

Isn't the better question how many good people have you found in basic brawls? Cuz that's much easier to answer than the army of noobs who think Ike's the best thing since sliced bread (which is quite the miracle, because sandwiches beforehand were quite rough).

We all roll our eyes when Temple or Rumble Falls shows up, but I really hate Skyworld... so many cheap deaths.
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:21 am

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
Isn't the better question how many good people have you found in basic brawls? Cuz that's much easier to answer than the army of noobs who think Ike's the best thing since sliced bread (which is quite the miracle, because sandwiches beforehand were quite rough).

We all roll our eyes when Temple or Rumble Falls shows up, but I really hate Skyworld... so many cheap deaths.

Actually I'm beginning to like Skyworld becasue of the interactions with the Bottom layer and the side platforms. It's really fun to kill with a throw in those parts, right underneath the platforms.
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:23 am

Rumble Falls? Bah, hatred.
Nothing compared to Big Blue in lag though. I hate anyone who thinks that sitting atop an F-Zero and spamming Ike's up-smash is a legit tactic.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 1:49 am

Now that the platforms on Big Blue are smaller, it's even cheaper. I wouldn't touch it in a local multiplayer match, much less a laggy online match.

I hate how small scale all the Melee stages are... it just doesn't work most of the times (with Corneria and Green Greens being my only exceptions)
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 2:07 am

It has inspired a new hatred in me for Temple. It used to be a great big adventure stage, but now it is just a cramped camp fest in the lower areas.
Once again, TDP is correct, Green Greens and Corneria are the only good Melee stages left.
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 2:23 am

Actually, I'm loving Jungle Japes a whole lot here in Brawl. I like that you an actually swim in it this time. Unlike in melee where it's all fake and you just float down to your death. The Claptrap is surprising and could make for an excellent looking K.O., especially on the unexpected. I like the high roof of the stage, and the setting is nice to look at. I also like the layout of the platforms. Three islands with the middle one having a platform above it. Battles very nicely for mii. And the rushing water is deadly but cool as well. So Jungle Japes would have to be my favorite Melee stage in Brawl. Yeah, that's about right.
What is your Favorite Stage? Jungle%20Japes%202
Back to top Go down
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:47 pm

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:
It has inspired a new hatred in me for Temple. It used to be a great big adventure stage, but now it is just a cramped camp fest in the lower areas.
Once again, TDP is correct, Green Greens and Corneria are the only good Melee stages left.
Actually, Brinstar can be acceptable, but only offline. Jungle Japes is in a similar boat, but it's able to survive on WiFi's lag. Rainbow Cruise is ALWAYS a counterpick stage, so I suggest everyone trains up hard on that stage, or we're bound to get some serious beatings in any tournament or war.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:03 pm

The water still rushes too fast... it's good to see the swimming mechanic being used, but it's frustrating- that, and I don't like people camping the platforms on either side. It's not the worst stage of the bunch; I'd still rank it among the higher of the Melee stages. But it's too small now... I could whip up a dozen similar but better custom stages. A Brawl stage should be able to cream any created stage.

Rainbow Ride? Really? Ugh, how obnoxious. However, my little Yoshi could make it work. Been really hitting the gym with him, gotta improve the edge game! Oh, and chain grabs, dirty as that is Sad
Back to top Go down
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:10 pm

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
The water still rushes too fast... it's good to see the swimming mechanic being used, but it's frustrating- that, and I don't like people camping the platforms on either side. It's not the worst stage of the bunch; I'd still rank it among the higher of the Melee stages. But it's too small now... I could whip up a dozen similar but better custom stages. A Brawl stage should be able to cream any created stage.

Rainbow Ride? Really? Ugh, how obnoxious. However, my little Yoshi could make it work. Been really hitting the gym with him, gotta improve the edge game! Oh, and chain grabs, dirty as that is Sad
Sorry man, but if you wanna win against the pro MK's out there, you're gonna need those grabs. DESPERATELY. I hope you're practicing up on pivot grabs, too, as Yoshi's PG is pretty sweet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:25 pm

Yeah, I know.

Pivot grab, how do those work again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Stage?   What is your Favorite Stage? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your Favorite Stage?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next