What is your Favorite Item? MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
What is your Favorite Item? MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRD WebsiteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum is under immense reconstruction at the moment, but new members are still welcome to register
Newly registered members should start by making an introduction thread.
Any other thread they attempt to make will be locked until an introduction has been made.
All users with zero posts will be removed at the end of the month.
If you have any ideas, hit up the admins in the chat or shoot them a PM.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Conway was here in 2020
What is your Favorite Item? EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 5:08 am by Conway

» Happy Birthday to TDP
What is your Favorite Item? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:44 pm by CallousVulpix

» It's time for RD to revive
What is your Favorite Item? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 pm by AngryBadger

» Hello boys and girls
What is your Favorite Item? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:03 pm by AngryBadger

» Rapid Dissension Skype chat group
What is your Favorite Item? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 pm by Chozo

» How did Rosalina get in over Daisy
What is your Favorite Item? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 am by ~Momentai~

» Sound Off?
What is your Favorite Item? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:28 pm by Chozo

» Requesting a Smash Meeting
What is your Favorite Item? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 3:10 pm by StarGalaxy777

» SSB4 3DS
What is your Favorite Item? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 am by AngryBadger

» We need an SSB4 section.
What is your Favorite Item? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 am by AngryBadger

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

What is your Favorite Item?

Go down 
+7
StarGalaxy777
AngryBadger
CallousVulpix
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Darkmetroidomega
Chozo
flamemetal3
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male
Brawl FC : 1161-0480-7751

What is your Favorite Item? Empty
PostSubject: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:45 am

It can be anything ranging from the things in the item menu, to a character's own weapon. For example, like R.O.B's Gyro or Zero Suit Samus's Power Suit pieces. Basically something that any character can grab and use.

Haha, well mine would totally have to be the Super Scope. It's awesome power and potential uses are a total galore for mii. Whether you use it to continuously string together a barrage of shots in a large area or charge it up for a big blast to the past, it's always a fun item to use. And then what makes it even more fun is that you can move around with it. After charging up a shot, you can jump and blow off that energy to break open that Smash Ball and then even if you missed, its probable that your gonna hit someone/thing anyway..
Cool
What is your Favorite Item? Item15_080305_30-l
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male
Brawl FC : 1334-0833-5623

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Home Run Bat. 'Nuff said...

I kind of hate items now, most of them are so cheap. If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be the beam sword. God that thing is broken. Very Happy

As far as character items go, nothing beats Diddy's 'nanners.
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:34 pm

The way characters use the Beam Sword is different. So for some characters its okay. Others like Sonic and Olimar use it cheaply, as in they swing the sword in the least convenient kind of ways. They output a lame hitbox area when using the Beam Sword. But others, like Sheik and Zero Suit Samus, can use it and own every character on the field because of their technique/range. They're virtually unstoppable when in the hands of a pro.
Back to top Go down
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male
Brawl FC : 2320-5897-5717

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 4:01 pm

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:
Home Run Bat. 'Nuff said...

I kind of hate items now, most of them are so cheap. If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be the beam sword. God that thing is broken. Very Happy

As far as character items go, nothing beats Diddy's 'nanners.

Peach's stitchface, beam sword, mr. saturn, and bomb pulls, end of discussion =P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/darkmetroidomega
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male
Brawl FC : 4426 1734 7606

PostSubject: Heed The Dark Plumber's Item Choice!   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:19 pm

This is kind of open ended question...

Favorite, as in the weapon to make you run for it everytime becuase you feel stronger just for having it? Homerun bat, charge it for instant kill or just throw it for a nearly instant kill.

Favorite, as in the most awe inspiring, the most epic, the most game changing? Smash Ball, how can you not? So much fun to be had, and it opens up another element of fan service seeing how the characters become stronger (except for Mario's, kinda weird that they couldn't find ANYTHING in his vast history of gaming to fit for him).

Favorite, as in the best concept without being ridiculous? I'll take the Team Healer, because it actually requires colaboration between teammates.

I'll take it as "if you only have one item in the game, what would it be?", and I'll answer Assist Trophy, because it not only opens the door to let some other characters in, ones that wouldn't nessacarily make good fighters (as much as I love Little Mac, playing as him would be boring and too much of a stretch... jab! Upper jab! Uppercut! Hook! Left Hand Jab! Final Smash: GIGA MAC!), plus are interesting and for the most part balanced but still devastating.

I hate players who spam the fan (getting spanked by Peach is just emabarrassing) because you just feel so helpless. The heart recovers way to much damage, and spicy curry reeks of cheapness.
Back to top Go down
CallousVulpix
Hunter
CallousVulpix

Female

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Hmmm, I would have to say the beam sword and that's because it helped me in melee. Yes I used to not know how to charge up the home-run bat, now I know how to but I never brawl with items on. What is your Favorite Item? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
http://dragoniterider.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/CallousVulpix/
AngryBadger
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
AngryBadger

Male
Brawl FC : 3051-5262-4330

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:22 am

The Shellcreeper or a Sidestepper found on this stage!

What is your Favorite Item? 180px-SSBB_mariobros
What is your Favorite Item? Lol
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 4:13 pm

AngryBadger wrote:
The Shellcreeper or a Sidestepper found on this stage!

What is your Favorite Item? 180px-SSBB_mariobros
What is your Favorite Item? Lol

Oh god, I think I laughed hard enough to get a hernia.
Stage items are so cheap... Look at Green Greens. Why the hell would I want to pick up an apple? Wait, why did my opponent just regain health from one? Gaaaah!
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 9:26 pm

i swear those apples exploded in Melee...

i never understood the bat either at first... imagine how stupid home run contest seemed to me back then.
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 9:34 pm

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
i swear those apples exploded in Melee...

i never understood the bat either at first... imagine how stupid home run contest seemed to me back then.

About as stupid as it seemed to me. I spent a very long time playing Melee with only tilts. Then C-Stick abuse. Then one day... I could charge my smashes!
Just imagine, now I can't do anything but smash, even if I want a quick tilt or dash attack.

And yes, I believe some of the apples were of the exploding variety in Melee.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:37 pm

we just used Ganon's warlock punch, because i could go 300 feet. and we thought we were so cool.

times have changed- I used to never use tilts at all. Never sidestepped either.
Back to top Go down
AngryBadger
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
AngryBadger

Male
Brawl FC : 3051-5262-4330

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 5:34 pm

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
we just used Ganon's warlock punch, because i could go 300 feet. and we thought we were so cool.

I'm still a little mad at how uncoordinated Captain Falcon was in melee did you see the way he swung the bat? He could never use the home run bat for the Home Run Contest everytime you tried he would stab the sandbag with the bat and fling up. Ganon did the same thing in Melee but it somehow worked for him. But for Captain Falcon the sand bag would go straight up resulting in the sandbag disappearing in the background.
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male
Brawl FC : 3781-0731-7137

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:49 pm

The Pokeball, one of the classics since Super Smash Bros. 64
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:55 pm

AngryBadger wrote:
TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:

I'm still a little mad at how uncoordinated Captain Falcon was in melee did you see the way he swung the bat? He could never use the home run bat for the Home Run Contest everytime you tried he would stab the sandbag with the bat and fling up. Ganon did the same thing in Melee but it somehow worked for him. But for Captain Falcon the sand bag would go straight up resulting in the sandbag disappearing in the background.

Yeah, that stab of his was really strange. I just ended up throwing the bat at it if the punch wouldn't work.

Pokeball is also good, can't argue there.
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:37 am

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
AngryBadger wrote:
TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:

Yeah, that stab of his was really strange. I just ended up throwing the bat at it if the punch wouldn't work.

What are you talking about, PAWNCH! never fails.

Has anyone else noticed how considerably lamer the Pokemon that come out of PokeBalls have gotten?
Munchlax = Gay, and the frequency for getting something useful has dropped considerably.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:36 am

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:
TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
AngryBadger wrote:
TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:

What are you talking about, PAWNCH! never fails.

Has anyone else noticed how considerably lamer the Pokemon that come out of PokeBalls have gotten?
Munchlax = Gay, and the frequency for getting something useful has dropped considerably.

most of the standard Pokemon are a bit lame, but the legends are both inspiring and devasting. Although the latios/latias combo is pretty frequent, considering it is the most ridiculous pokemon in the game- it causes mass mayhem and damage most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 8:37 pm

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
most of the standard Pokemon are a bit lame, but the legends are both inspiring and devasting. Although the latios/latias combo is pretty frequent, considering it is the most ridiculous pokemon in the game- it causes mass mayhem and damage most of the time.

Their frequency is a bit higher than the other legendaries; is this perhaps because they're more like demi-legendaries? I've found all of the actual legendaries to be more or less useless against anyone with half a brain (CPUs are obviously excluded from this group). "Sure, I'd love to go hop on that flaming Groudon!"
It might be compensation for the addition of assist trophies, but the uber Pokemon mostly just hit with luck. Unless someone is directly in line (and not shielding or dodging) when it first comes out, Suicune is more often than not useless (you do have about half a second to jump before it attacks). Mainly, the appear to be something you need to knock your opponents into rather than just sit back and watch the action. I know they've always been this way, but in Brawl it feels to be even more so.
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:51 am

Yeah guys any item is what I'm talking about here. If you can pick it up with the press of that A button (I was excluding Smash Balls, but whatever), then it's an item.

Pokeballs are cool, but I felt they were great in the first Smash Bros. as well. Then in Melee there were some changes, but Pokemon were still of good use. And now here in Brawl, most of them are kinda useless unless your opponent luckily gets hit.

Some Pokemon downgrades for Melee to Brawl:
Lugia - Much smaller hit area. now you need some serious luck with it to even hit.
Bellosom - halved the time of its duration outside the pokeball, now you need to lure your opponents into it much more faster because it taking its leave much quicker now.
Goldeen - Because they still didn't remove it even though they knew it was useless.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 6:54 pm

If pokemon were too overpowered I'd hate them. Simple as that. They are a little hard to utilize, but that's how I like it.
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Oh I also forgot! The assist trophys are also a ineresting addition to the game

What is your Favorite Item? Icon_jokercolor
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:24 am

StarGalaxy777 wrote:
Oh I also forgot! The assist trophys are also a ineresting addition to the game

What is your Favorite Item? Icon_jokercolor

A very interesting addition to the game. Those
characters that were good, but not interesting enough to get their own
spot as a fighter got to strut their stuff as assist trophies. Look at
Shadow; rather than being a Sonic clone, he now brings back good
memories for SA2B.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:29 am

Or for others, a way to get the market ready for fighters who aren't yet big enough for their own release. While we'll occasionally get a WTF? character like Game & Watch, releasing too many "who the F|_|Cks?!" will kill the enthusiasm for the game. So, they get the market ready... put the character in, maybe put some music or torphies to go with it, wait for his DS game to release, and get all the fans to convince the not fans this is the way to go, that the character is worth a roster space. It worked for Pit, and you better believe it will work for Issac.
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:26 am

Ever since melee they decided to stick some retro characters in the game. Such as G&W and IC and I believe theyre gonna contnue on with that trend...maybe on of the trpohys will get a chance...
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:12 pm

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
Or for others, a way to get the market ready for fighters who aren't yet big enough for their own release. While we'll occasionally get a WTF? character like Game & Watch, releasing too many "who the F|_|Cks?!" will kill the enthusiasm for the game. So, they get the market ready... put the character in, maybe put some music or torphies to go with it, wait for his DS game to release, and get all the fans to convince the not fans this is the way to go, that the character is worth a roster space. It worked for Pit, and you better believe it will work for Issac.

Yeah, but turning the game into an advertisement for characters kind of takes away the spirit of it. "Nintendo Allstars" is what I recall hearing the cast was, and they haven't disappointed yet. Assist trophies on the other hand are excellent for this, and I see they tried it with Staffy.
WTF characters like G&W and Pit are great, we get to learn about gaming history through their trophies and such. Third party characters who either started or ended up with the big N such as Sonic and Snake are alright too, although I don't appreciate Snake being so good.
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:
TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:

Yeah, but turning the game into an advertisement for characters kind of takes away the spirit of it. "Nintendo Allstars" is what I recall hearing the cast was, and they haven't disappointed yet. Assist trophies on the other hand are excellent for this, and I see they tried it with Staffy.
WTF characters like G&W and Pit are great, we get to learn about gaming history through their trophies and such. Third party characters who either started or ended up with the big N such as Sonic and Snake are alright too, although I don't appreciate Snake being so good.

Your not the only one who thinks that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your Favorite Item?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next