What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRD WebsiteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum is under immense reconstruction at the moment, but new members are still welcome to register
Newly registered members should start by making an introduction thread.
Any other thread they attempt to make will be locked until an introduction has been made.
All users with zero posts will be removed at the end of the month.
If you have any ideas, hit up the admins in the chat or shoot them a PM.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Conway was here in 2020
What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 5:08 am by Conway

» Happy Birthday to TDP
What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:44 pm by CallousVulpix

» It's time for RD to revive
What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 pm by AngryBadger

» Hello boys and girls
What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:03 pm by AngryBadger

» Rapid Dissension Skype chat group
What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 pm by Chozo

» How did Rosalina get in over Daisy
What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 am by ~Momentai~

» Sound Off?
What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:28 pm by Chozo

» Requesting a Smash Meeting
What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 3:10 pm by StarGalaxy777

» SSB4 3DS
What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 am by AngryBadger

» We need an SSB4 section.
What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 am by AngryBadger

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

What is your Favorite Item?

Go down 
+7
StarGalaxy777
AngryBadger
CallousVulpix
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Darkmetroidomega
Chozo
flamemetal3
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male
Brawl FC : 4426 1734 7606

What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Not so much an advertisement as it is a way to prep future fighters... springing two fire emblem characters that no one heard of in Melee on us is something I think they'd rather avoid (although you do make a good point with starfy or whoever we're supposed to call him; granted, he's a big start in Japan, so his inclusion had more weight than just advertisement there).

Pit, I don't count him as a WTF character, they introduced him to smashers in Melee, and built him up through word of mouth. I hope that's what they're doing with Issac, he so deserves it.
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male
Brawl FC : 3781-0731-7137

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Issac? The one from Golden Sun? Why so?
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male
Brawl FC : 1161-0480-7751

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Isaac because of the all powerful hand that he's got. I can just imagine his Final Smash in the next Smash Bros., Pushes everyone off stage and in every direction possible.

Let mii turn this topic around a little...

Well, as for my favorite Assist Trophy, I got to say that it is Custom Robo. His overall range of movement throughout any stage is good. He always manages to land at least a couple hits on my opponents, and that's always what I want to get from my assist trophies. He also flies which means he won't die or anything like that, which is also a plus. His Gun manages to hit and push people off stage. And I can always rely on his Bomb to hit someone on stage for a neat little kill. So he's got range and power, what I like.

What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 Assist16_080314awk01
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male
Brawl FC : 1334-0833-5623

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Let me tell you my least favorite assist trophy: Grey Fox.
He always seems to fall off the stage. He and Little Mac are terrible about it.

My favorite? Knuckle Joe. He owns.
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:17 am

My least favorite would have to be stafy (The japanese starfish character) he can be hit and knocked off the stage easily, on top of that his move is that spin thing like he does in the game which doesnt do very much dmage at all...

My farvorites Andross,Waluigi, Mr. Reseti

Andross because he kinda locks onto the characters with his white polygon move, Waluigi because recently Ive just come to like him and how they gave him the tennis racket when he first made his debut on Mario Tennis 64.Mr. Reseti because his comments are hilarious but after a while it gets reptitious when you know exactly what he is going to say
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:40 pm

Mr. Resetti can go blow himself up after the fight or something. He is a complete nuisance. I just can't stand that little mole. In fact the only thing I do when he does mange to pop up into the match is I go hit him with my smash attacks until he goes away.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:42 pm

My fav assist trophy? I'm going to have to say Little Mac. Not that he's the most useful (he does commit suicide all the time), but his punches are almost all KO punches. He immediatly changes the game upon appearing.

The most reliable is good ol' knuckle joe, although Issac can be combo'ed into some great stuff.

Issac is a very diverse character, with a rich history and plenty of move set options. We need a moveset thread on here...
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:45 am

Like Moveset city, eh TDP. I'd be happy to join in on that.

Knuckle Joe is very reliable, Always takes those three hops along with the fury of jabs. Its only on the last one that he actually makes the kill though, so it takes a bit of luck trying to get the kill with him.

Little Mac, like you said TDP, all his punches are packed with power so if he does manage to stay on stage, he's a danger to be looked out for cause he's also got speed to move around the stage.

Isaac's 3 attacks with Move rely on his position on the stage when he comes out. Whether he's on a stage like Final Destination or at Hyrule Temple it makes a big difference on his effectiveness. If he does mange to take someone with Move, then he usually takes them all the way for the Knockout. Although, its a pretty easy move to get out of once you learn how to get out of its way even if you've been hit once or twice by Move.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:50 am

flamemetal3 wrote:

Although, its a pretty easy move to get out of once you learn how to get out of its way even if you've been hit once or twice by Move.

That's why you follow it up with a combo. Timed right, it can be fierce. But of course he loses effectiveness on the larger stages... most people do (at least Shadow comes through no matter what). I'd like to give a shout out to excite bikes, for being EXTREME and running of the edges instantly... I like to send the advance wars soldiers of suicide missions (it justifies their untimely death)
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:04 pm

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
That's why you follow it up with a combo. Timed right, it can be fierce. But of course he loses effectiveness on the larger stages... most people do (at least Shadow comes through no matter what). I'd like to give a shout out to excite bikes, for being EXTREME and running of the edges instantly... I like to send the advance wars soldiers of suicide missions (it justifies their untimely death)

Don't you generally follow everything up with a combo?
Suicidal assist trophies just add to the fun! I don't generally go for items anymore when they're on, so I always love to see all the effort of getting the trophy go to waste.
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:

Don't you generally follow everything up with a combo?

Well, yeah, but following Stafy/Starfy up with a combo isn't quite the same as a giant, level spanning hand that shoves you unrelentingly.

Apparently we have different ideas of "fun". Nothing like seeing a little Mac Attack go straight to the locker room to just make you feel terrible disappointment. Like opening Dungeon Guy 2 on Christmas when you so wanted Dungeon Guy 3
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 12:08 am

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
at least Shadow comes through no matter what

Actually that's not entirely true. If you're standing on a falling block (in your custom stages) and you manage to open up Shadow out from the trophy, then the falling block will be going down and Shadow will have nothing to stand on (probably). So he won't be able to execute his Chaos Control on the field of battle. This is also true for other characters like Lyn and Barbara.
This can also happen In places like Mushroomy Kingdom, Bridge of Eldin, And Rumble Falls. For the side-scrolling stages I'm pretty sure you can guess how the assist trophy would vanish. Bridge of Eldin would be that you open up the assist trophy at the last possible instant before the bomb destroys the middle of the bridge, resulting in your character to drop down to their inevitable death.

If there's others then excuse mii for not including them on, but I'm pretty sure there are always ways to avoid the initiation of some assist trophies.
Oh and Pictochat is another..
Back to top Go down
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male
Brawl FC : 2320-5897-5717

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:54 pm

I'm surprised no one has mentioned their least favorite trophies yet =O For me, Dr. Wright absolutely sucks as an assist trophy, his building attack usually doesn't aim in the correct direction, and is simple to avoid.

As for the most annoying/best assist trophies, I'm surprised no one has made a mention of Custom Robo. That thing is one flying nuisance I hate to see. Also, no one has mentioned how irritating Saki Amamiya can be when he appears -.-

What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 Assist11What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 Assist12
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/darkmetroidomega
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:45 pm

TheMasterDusk wrote:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned their least favorite trophies yet =O For me, Dr. Wright absolutely sucks as an assist trophy, his building attack usually doesn't aim in the correct direction, and is simple to avoid.

As for the most annoying/best assist trophies, I'm surprised no one has made a mention of Custom Robo. That thing is one flying nuisance I hate to see. Also, no one has mentioned how irritating Saki Amamiya can be when he appears -.-

What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 Assist11What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 Assist12

Ive mentions my least favorite and robo has been mention earlier in this thread...
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:55 pm

I implied I hated the excite bikes, although I guess I didn't explicity state that. I agree with Dr. Wright, but at least his once in a Wario Waft shot kills people.
Back to top Go down
RedJemFlashFeng95
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
RedJemFlashFeng95

Male
Brawl FC : 4640-8781-7337

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 8:31 pm

pokeball...nuff said
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 11:09 pm

TheMasterDusk wrote:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned their least favorite trophies yet =O-.-|-.-I'm surprised no one has made a mention of Custom Robo.

Well MDusk, this thread wasn't meant to be for posting you're least favorite assist trophies. ; /
And anyways, I almost laughed when you said no one has mentioned Custom Robo. : D

And by the way, Saki is cool. I love it when he comes out onto the field. He looks like he could actually be a real character in the fight. In fact when he does come out, I act like he is my opponent and so I try to go fight him. I almost K.O.'ed him once, but he just slashed and shot mii to hell.
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 2:15 am

TheMasterDusk wrote:

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:
Let me tell you my least favorite assist trophy: Grey Fox.
He always seems to fall off the stage. He and Little Mac are terrible about it.

TheMasterDusk wrote:
As for the most annoying/best assist trophies, I'm surprised no one has made a mention of Custom Robo. That thing is one flying nuisance I hate to see.

flamemetal3 wrote:
Well, as for my favorite Assist Trophy, I got to say that it is Custom Robo. His overall range of movement throughout any stage is good. He always manages to land at least a couple hits on my opponents, and that's always what I want to get from my assist trophies. He also flies which means he won't die or anything like that, which is also a plus. His Gun manages to hit and push people off stage. And I can always rely on his Bomb to hit someone on stage for a neat little kill. So he's got range and power, what I like.

What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 Assist16_080314awk01

And you're right Dusk, Dr. Wright is a terrible piece of crap.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:59 pm

flamemetal3 wrote:
In fact when he does come out, I act like he is my opponent and so I try to go fight him. I almost K.O.'ed him once, but he just slashed and shot mii to hell.

Try edge guarding... if you can trick him into falling, his up-B is terrible What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

But I know what you're talking about, I treat him like a partner instead of an item. He's not extremely effective in most cases (although he can edge-guard with those lasers nicely), but he's very good at damaging people and just being awesome. My favorite Saki moment was when we were on Pokemon Stadium 2, and he jumped really high on the wind stadium, and then shot his beams at a recovering opponent at an angle who was really far away. He then descended and sliced them as they made a last ditch effort to get on the stage. It was awesome.
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 2:11 am

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
Try edge guarding... if you can trick him into falling, his up-B is terrible What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

But I know what you're talking about, I treat him like a partner instead of an item. He's not extremely effective in most cases (although he can edge-guard with those lasers nicely), but he's very good at damaging people and just being awesome. My favorite Saki moment was when we were on Pokemon Stadium 2, and he jumped really high on the wind stadium, and then shot his beams at a recovering opponent at an angle who was really far away. He then descended and sliced them as they made a last ditch effort to get on the stage. It was awesome.

Haha, sounds really cool Plumber. I too had a moment with Custom Robo.
Wii were at Kongo Jungle (custom stage I made which is the recreation of the Melee stage); I was holding a Hammer and so everyone tried to climb for safety at the upper part of the stage so that they would be out of my Hammer's reach. But as they did so, Custom Robo made sure they didn't go anywhere near saftey by shooting them off the platforms with his gun, and then launching his Bombs for the kill. All three opponents got K.O.'ed, by good 'ol Ray MK III.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 12:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN6s0Y0dYVw

This is still my favorite assist trophy moment ever, and a big reason of why I'm so fond of Gray Fox. He isn't effective most of the time, but if he can catch you, he'll really build up the damage. Or, in this case, dominate you completely. Plus, he warps back onto the stage if he falls.
Back to top Go down
DJ
Drifter
DJ

Male
Brawl FC : 3266-8298-6302

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:11 am

Bumpers are my favorite. I can get pretty pro with bumpers. With correct placement and spacing you can get bumper juggles and spikes.
Back to top Go down
http://suirad12.deviantart.com/
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:43 am

Bumpers are one heck of a way to go. They can easily gimp the hell out of some of the heavier characters. Personally, I still like Motion Sensor Bombs. You can set up traps with them, and I really like explosions more than I like getting treated like a pinball. Razz
Back to top Go down
Conway
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Conway

Male
Brawl FC : 0946-5576-7124

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Fools the almighty food reigns supreme
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Conway wrote:
Fools the almighty food reigns supreme

Maxim Tomatoes forevarrrrr! Heart Containers 4life!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your Favorite Item?   What is your Favorite Item? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your Favorite Item?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next