Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRD WebsiteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum is under immense reconstruction at the moment, but new members are still welcome to register
Newly registered members should start by making an introduction thread.
Any other thread they attempt to make will be locked until an introduction has been made.
All users with zero posts will be removed at the end of the month.
If you have any ideas, hit up the admins in the chat or shoot them a PM.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Conway was here in 2020
Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 5:08 am by Conway

» Happy Birthday to TDP
Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:44 pm by CallousVulpix

» It's time for RD to revive
Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 pm by AngryBadger

» Hello boys and girls
Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:03 pm by AngryBadger

» Rapid Dissension Skype chat group
Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 pm by Chozo

» How did Rosalina get in over Daisy
Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 am by ~Momentai~

» Sound Off?
Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:28 pm by Chozo

» Requesting a Smash Meeting
Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 3:10 pm by StarGalaxy777

» SSB4 3DS
Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 am by AngryBadger

» We need an SSB4 section.
Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 am by AngryBadger

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male
Brawl FC : 2320-5897-5717

Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons   Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:40 am

I can't believe it's possible, but there are still competitive players out there that don't realize the key differences in the Smash Bros. games, namely Melee and Brawl. I'm getting so tired of people asking me, "How is Samus worse in Brawl than Melee?" It's infuriating to keep answering these people, especially since a majority of them still believe that Brawl's low-tier characters are better than they were in Melee. It's time to clear this little topic up. And for those of you who have no idea of the prime differences between Melee and Brawl in general, I suggest you also take a look at these videos. The order is descending down the tier list (v4, the newest one), only including the characters that are present in both games:

Yoshi

Melee:

Brawl:

Mario
Melee:

Brawl:

Captain Falcon

Melee:

Brawl:

Samus
Melee:

Brawl:

Jigglypuff
Melee:

Brawl:

Zelda

Link
Melee:

Brawl:

Ganondorf

Melee:

Brawl:

With all of these videos, I know people have their own opinions on everything, but please do not think that I showed the absolute best of the best on every character >.>
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/darkmetroidomega
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male
Brawl FC : 1334-0833-5623

PostSubject: Re: Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons   Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:02 pm

It truly is a shame that so few people really understand the little nuances of Super Smash Bros.
The main difference between Brawl and Melee is the playstyle. In Melee you could combo like none other, making the rushdown tactic very effective. Brawl is more of a defensive game, making camping a more favorable tactic. It was ridiculously easy to gimp in Melee, but recoveries are just too good in Brawl.
This is why Link, Ganon, and Zelda occupy the bottom tier in Brawl; their recoveries are dookie. All three get gimped fairly easily, and Link even makes it possible to gimp yourself. CF and Jiggs got severely nerfed from Melee to Brawl. Yoshi has actually improved since Melee. Mario stayed the same, but without the combo-ing abilities of Melee, he is considerably worse.

Overall, you can see the disparity in the roster simply by noting the fact that Meta Knight has a tier to himself. Wario has ridiculous air speed, dominating what was once Jigglypuff's turf, not to mention the super armor frames on his smashes. GW has too much priority, Falco has a CG and lasers, and Snake has the most broken hitboxes and knockback in the game.
Brawl made a better effort as a family friendly game than Melee did, but for competitive play it's a hell of a lot worse.

Last edited by Triforce Of Chozo on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "overally" isn't even a word...)
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male
Brawl FC : 1161-0480-7751

PostSubject: Re: Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons   Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:16 am

Dang, these are a lot of combo videos. I've seen a couple of them, but honestly I can't wait to see the rest because most of these characters I have never seen being used. (that much)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male
Brawl FC : 3781-0731-7137

PostSubject: Re: Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons   Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Are you just showing SSBM videos or are you gonna show a collection of combo videos

Ex.

Mario
Video 1
Video2

Donkey Kong
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons   Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:14 am

I really dont understand why a lot of people fight over the difference over the two games
this is how i see it
the game is called super smash bros brawl not melee
so it is obiouse that the game with be different
if the game was intended to be the same then it would be called super smash bros melee 2
i didnt play melee when it was out for the game cube,well i did play it a couple of times but i didnt get to play it right
honestly i prefer brawl is a little slower passed and its not as fast as melee
both games are great but i like brawl more
but i do like melee c.falcon a lot better Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons Lol
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male
Brawl FC : 1334-0833-5623

PostSubject: Re: Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons   Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:15 pm

I think that lower-tier characters have a harder time in Brawl than in Melee. It just feels that as skill-based as Melee is, anyone can be uber with enough practice. I'm not saying Brawl isn't that way, but I don't foresee a pro Zelda or Ganon placing at tournaments any time soon.
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
AngryBadger
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
AngryBadger

Male
Brawl FC : 3051-5262-4330

PostSubject: Re: Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons   Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:03 am

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:
I think that lower-tier characters have a harder time in Brawl than in Melee. It just feels that as skill-based as Melee is, anyone can be uber with enough practice. I'm not saying Brawl isn't that way, but I don't foresee a pro Zelda or Ganon placing at tournaments any time soon.

This is what people mean when they say Brawl isn't as balanced as Melee. Which is very true...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons   Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

Brawl's Low-Tier Combo Video Comparisons
Page 1 of 1