How to Stay Active MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
How to Stay Active MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRD WebsiteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum is under immense reconstruction at the moment, but new members are still welcome to register
Newly registered members should start by making an introduction thread.
Any other thread they attempt to make will be locked until an introduction has been made.
All users with zero posts will be removed at the end of the month.
If you have any ideas, hit up the admins in the chat or shoot them a PM.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Conway was here in 2020
How to Stay Active EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 5:08 am by Conway

» Happy Birthday to TDP
How to Stay Active EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:44 pm by CallousVulpix

» It's time for RD to revive
How to Stay Active EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 pm by AngryBadger

» Hello boys and girls
How to Stay Active EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:03 pm by AngryBadger

» Rapid Dissension Skype chat group
How to Stay Active EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 pm by Chozo

» How did Rosalina get in over Daisy
How to Stay Active EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 am by ~Momentai~

» Sound Off?
How to Stay Active EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:28 pm by Chozo

» Requesting a Smash Meeting
How to Stay Active EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 3:10 pm by StarGalaxy777

» SSB4 3DS
How to Stay Active EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 am by AngryBadger

» We need an SSB4 section.
How to Stay Active EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 am by AngryBadger

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

How to Stay Active

Go down 
+4
ShockBubble
CallousVulpix
StarGalaxy777
Darkmetroidomega
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male
Brawl FC : 2320-5897-5717

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:06 pm

How to Stay Active: Guidelines of Rapid Dissension Forums
Some of you may be wondering how exactly rule #8 on the
[Only admins are allowed to see this link] works, so this thread has been created to specify the conditions under which an account will be deleted for inactivity. If you still have questions afterwards, feel free to ask on the thread! Any irrelevent posts will be deleted.

The process of checking for inactive accounts will happen near the end of every month. 5 days before the deletion gets sent out, messages will be sent to those who fit the criteria for being inactive (see below). From now on, this process will be referred to as "profile sweeping", so remember to keep active when I call out a reminder near the end of every month!

You will receive a message/warning from an administrator if any of the following descriptions fit you:
-30 days (1 month) since last visiting the site
-40 days (1 month) since last posted message
-Less than 5 total messages posted in forums

After the check, the last day of the month (or a day close to it) will be the day that the profile sweep is performed. If you still fit the criteria above, your profile will be deleted, unless you have posted ahead of time in the "Going Away" forum, or have PMed a staff member. You will be checked off the list this way. Also, if you are a new member, make sure to write introduction threads, or you may be deleted by accident.

I hope this further explanation will help you all prevent yourself from being "profile sweeped" in the future. Stay active, you guys!
Wink

~~TheMasterDusk~~
.:Rapid Dissension Clan Leader:.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/darkmetroidomega
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male
Brawl FC : 3781-0731-7137

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:53 pm

I hope to do my best...... afro
Back to top Go down
CallousVulpix
Hunter
CallousVulpix

Female

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Now about that profile sweep, I think these people fit the bill-

19 [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
2010-04-22Thu
Apr 22, 2010 12:41 pm
1 [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
20 [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
2009-11-29Sun
Nov 29, 2009 8:45 pm
1 [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
http://dragoniterider.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/CallousVulpix/
ShockBubble
Novice
ShockBubble

Male
Brawl FC : 3609-4304-8372

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:57 am

I will keep this in mind...
Back to top Go down
DJ
Drifter
DJ

Male
Brawl FC : 3266-8298-6302

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:15 pm

So is someone gonna take care of all the non active accounts that are already on the site? There are quite a few.
Back to top Go down
http://suirad12.deviantart.com/
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male
Brawl FC : 1334-0833-5623

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:54 pm

I'm sure it'll get done in due time. Dusk or Badger would have to do it, and Badger probably doesn't know how, while Dusk more than likely doesn't really feel like dealing with it right now.
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 1:19 am

ShockBubble wrote:
I will keep this in mind...

So much for that statement; for this is a perfect example Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 10:45 am

The purpose of profile sweeps is to clear useless space up. Considering that we are such a a small group right now, it really doesn't make a difference if we delete them or not. When (and if) our site gains more people, then we'll dictate when profile sweeps come into play. The forums aren't used enough for these to take effect yet. It would be like kicking all the inactive users out of a chat of 8 and ending up with 3. It really doesn't help us out. Regardless, I'll review some of the member info and delete people who have never been here.
Back to top Go down
ShockBubble
Novice
ShockBubble

Male

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:23 am

StarGalaxy777 wrote:

Hey, I lurk more far more often than I post, and I've been very busy with school lately. I can only commit to so much, y'know.
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:38 am

ShockBubble wrote:
StarGalaxy777 wrote:

Hey, I lurk more far more often than I post, and I've been very busy with school lately. I can only commit to so much, y'know.

Still a perfect example; only the Conway can do the lurking, all others have to sign a release form to do that
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male
Brawl FC : 1161-0480-7751

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Quote :
Still a perfect example; only the Conway can do the lurking, all others have to sign a release form to do that

That's too funny. : )

But yeah we'll try to stay on top of our game here at the forums. But just chill and communicate casually when necessary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14
ShockBubble
Novice
ShockBubble

Male

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:50 am

StarGalaxy777 wrote:
ShockBubble wrote:
StarGalaxy777 wrote:

I laughed. That was a nice call. I suppose I'll have to post here more then, if it'll make you happy. =)
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:22 pm

ShockBubble wrote:
StarGalaxy777 wrote:
ShockBubble wrote:
StarGalaxy777 wrote:

I laughed. That was a nice call. I suppose I'll have to post here more then, if it'll make you happy. =)

Please stop spaming, make another thread for this situation
Back to top Go down
ShockBubble
Novice
ShockBubble

Male

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 6:09 am

StarGalaxy777 wrote:
ShockBubble wrote:
StarGalaxy777 wrote:
ShockBubble wrote:
StarGalaxy777 wrote:

Please stop spaming, make another thread for this situation

Learn to spell "spamming," and, troll much? Real classy...
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male
Brawl FC : 1334-0833-5623

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:40 am

ShockBubble's not spamming, trust me. Some of us will carry on a conversation in any thread, regardless of whether we stay on topic. To be fair, we probably don't need any more unrelated posts on this topic.
You know Star, at this point you're technically spamming too. Please refrain from mini-modding.
Neither of you has any need to post on this thread again. /hypocrisy
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 4:39 pm

This is a moderated topic and is not the place to spam, even considering how much we like to chat. I'll let it slide for now, but refrain from any more useless posts. I hate having clutter all over the rule threads.
Back to top Go down
Conway
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Conway

Male
Brawl FC : 0946-5576-7124

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:41 pm

All right seeing as this needs to happen I'll go ahead and lay it down.

First off activity isn't on the people around you, I've heard much more complaining lately than I care to ever hear about "Being more active" and "We need more people to talk about [BLANK]" (Usually brawl).

I'm going to get this out of the way early. Although this started out as a brawl clan, and if it helps you, you can continue to think of it as one. But I no longer consider it that, I consider it a group of people openly discussing whatever it is that interests them, be it Brawl, League of Legends, Pokemon, TV shows, or even Cleverbot.

So go ahead and get any notions out of your head that we can only be regulated to one singular thing, things grow by opening itself to new experiences, that's just how it works.

Now that I've got that out of the way let's talk about activity in general. Activity in itself come from one person. YOU. Yeah you. If you aren't happy about the current level of members or the quality of things being brought to the table you need to do something about it yourself. You aren't going to get everything spoon fed to you just because you say "I think we need more people."

So how do we solve this little conundrum? Well you need to go find more people, It really doesn't matter where you get them from (Xat chats, real life, Facebook, all is brawl, friend codes) as long as you think its someone worth bringing to the fray, go ahead and bring them. That's what mods are there for, crowd control. If a certain member gets out of hand then a mod exists to either get them to calm themselves or get them to get the hell out.

To close things out I'll say this: I am perfectly okay with the current amount of members we have, it isn't many but it is a core group of people I consider good friends with one another. As of writing this post the chat-room is empty, mainly because Feng will hang around all day and wait for someone to join (sadly he is on vacation) and I thank him for that. But if you feel that we need more members, that falls on you and you alone. Everyone has a different standard of how things should be upheld, you can bring up for discussion all you want, but until you try to improve that standard on your own nothing will change.
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 9:27 pm

Conway wrote:
All right seeing as this needs to happen I'll go ahead and lay it down.

First off activity isn't on the people around you, I've heard much more complaining lately than I care to ever hear about "Being more active" and "We need more people to talk about [BLANK]" (Usually brawl).

I'm going to get this out of the way early. Although this started out as a brawl clan, and if it helps you, you can continue to think of it as one. But I no longer consider it that, I consider it a group of people openly discussing whatever it is that interests them, be it Brawl, League of Legends, Pokemon, TV shows, or even Cleverbot.

So go ahead and get any notions out of your head that we can only be regulated to one singular thing, things grow by opening itself to new experiences, that's just how it works.

Now that I've got that out of the way let's talk about activity in general. Activity in itself come from one person. YOU. Yeah you. If you aren't happy about the current level of members or the quality of things being brought to the table you need to do something about it yourself. You aren't going to get everything spoon fed to you just because you say "I think we need more people."

So how do we solve this little conundrum? Well you need to go find more people, It really doesn't matter where you get them from (Xat chats, real life, Facebook, all is brawl, friend codes) as long as you think its someone worth bringing to the fray, go ahead and bring them. That's what mods are there for, crowd control. If a certain member gets out of hand then a mod exists to either get them to calm themselves or get them to get the hell out.

To close things out I'll say this: I am perfectly okay with the current amount of members we have, it isn't many but it is a core group of people I consider good friends with one another. As of writing this post the chat-room is empty, mainly because Feng will hang around all day and wait for someone to join (sadly he is on vacation) and I thank him for that. But if you feel that we need more members, that falls on you and you alone. Everyone has a different standard of how things should be upheld, you can bring up for discussion all you want, but until you try to improve that standard on your own nothing will change.

Nice read short sweet and to the point, now wheres the boss man to add the glue to make everything come together
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to Stay Active Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Stay Active   How to Stay Active Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Stay Active
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RD Archive :: Old Announcements-
Jump to: