The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRD WebsiteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum is under immense reconstruction at the moment, but new members are still welcome to register
Newly registered members should start by making an introduction thread.
Any other thread they attempt to make will be locked until an introduction has been made.
All users with zero posts will be removed at the end of the month.
If you have any ideas, hit up the admins in the chat or shoot them a PM.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Conway was here in 2020
The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 5:08 am by Conway

» Happy Birthday to TDP
The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:44 pm by CallousVulpix

» It's time for RD to revive
The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 pm by AngryBadger

» Hello boys and girls
The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:03 pm by AngryBadger

» Rapid Dissension Skype chat group
The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 pm by Chozo

» How did Rosalina get in over Daisy
The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 am by ~Momentai~

» Sound Off?
The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:28 pm by Chozo

» Requesting a Smash Meeting
The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 3:10 pm by StarGalaxy777

» SSB4 3DS
The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 am by AngryBadger

» We need an SSB4 section.
The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 am by AngryBadger

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training

Go down 
+6
flamemetal3
Conway
AngryBadger
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Chozo
Darkmetroidomega
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male
Brawl FC : 2320-5897-5717

The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training Empty
PostSubject: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:32 am

Hey RD, Dusk again, now with some new ideas in mind. I recently thought of how to help our newer players improve at a faster rate, or at least what seems logical to that extent. It's a bit of a stretch, but I hope we'll be able to make a system out of it soon enough. My idea is...

1 on 1 Training - The Tutoring System
The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training Super+Smash+Bros+Brawl+supersmashbrosbrawl1

So what exactly is the tutoring system?
Exactly as the title says. During time where we are both free, I will offer to give you some training through a 5-stock, no time limit match. What this allows you to do is get some direct visual help, as well as an explanation to go right with it. This will make it easier than having to look up ATs on smashboards and such without much knowledge on how to execute them.

Here's the basic structure of these sessions:
  1. I open up a room and a private chat for the person who is taking the offer. No other players will be allowed to join the match so that we can focus on improving their areas of need.
  2. Before the first match starts, the player must tell their tutor who they plan on using. This is very important, because it allows me to know what I will be looking for in advance, as well as know who to choose when the actual training begins.
  3. For the first session, I will allow the other player to vs me for the one game. I will mostly observe what they do and allow them to do as they please.
  4. After the preliminary game, we will get right into the details. "Do you know about this?", "Have you ever tried this?", etc. and from here, the training session begins. Depending on how the first match goes, the player may focus on core playstyle or character-specific tactics. I may just break everything down and start from the basics.
  5. I will show and explain at the same time how to do certain things. With this I will also try to provide examples for you to work off of. After the explanation, I will give you the chance to try it. After a couple of practice takes, I'll let myself be your sandbag. You may try to use what you learned on me (I will most likely not move at all or slowly at first to make things simpler). After a while, we will move onto other parts and use essentially the same process as above.
  6. Once you start becoming proficient, I will amp up the intensity slight bit by bit to let you try applying what you have learned in a higher level of gameplay. This most likely will be spanned out over multiple sessions, as things are not as easily learned as players might guess.
  7. You may quit the session whenever you feel like. No one will force you to take any of them EVER. These are completely for the benefit of players who wish to advance more quickly.

This is essentially the workings of the 1 on 1 training, or "tutoring" system. It is not mandatory for any of our new players, but it is highly encouraged to those of you who wish to become better at a faster pace.

Why do we need the tutoring system?
I would like for this system to become a regular factor of RD. Many clans overdose the number of players they obtain and end up smothering most of them into oblivion. These nameless players never become anything more than just a pawn of the system. I want you all to know that this is not how I feel about the members of RD. I hope for you to all succeed, and I am now offering to help you do so. Getting beaten senseless countless times is no way to improve. Did I learn drums by playing with someone who drummed amazingly and then told me nothing about it? No. Learning comes from teaching. RD is a community that strives to be there for everyone, so I will try to make this system beneficial for all of our growing players.

Here is the list of tutors that are currently signed up for this program:

• TheMasterDusk
  • Triforce of Chozo
  • AngryBadger

How do I become a tutor?
It's really not hard at all. The only thing you have to do is ask in the posts below to be one, or PM about the matter (forum post works better). However, when asking, there are conditions that will determine whether or not you may become a tutor.

I will add more people to the list if they offer to do so with the following conditions:
  • Approved by me
  • Have spent more than 2 months in Rapid Dissension
  • Have shown an ability to teach others
  • CANNOT be a tutor if being tutored

Thanks for your attention, RD members. I wish you all the best of luck, and the tutor system will be here to help you along! Don't be shy to ask for a session!
The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training WARIO

LATER!! ^_^

~~TheMasterDusk~~
.:Rapid Dissension Clan Leader:.
~Special Thanks to Conway~

Last edited by Darkmetroidomega on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/darkmetroidomega
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:58 am

Post reserved.
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male
Brawl FC : 1334-0833-5623

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:52 am

This system looks very well thought out and organized, I'm impressed. It's much better than the systems or personal dojos that I've seen in use in other clans. Now we just need to get some new members... Wink
Also, I'm available a lot of the time, so whenever the need actually gets great enough, I wouldn't mind being a tutor.
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male
Brawl FC : 4426 1734 7606

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:32 pm

I wouldn't mind being tutored at all. There's a 50/50 chance most new members will be at my level or higher anyway, so I can justify that.
Back to top Go down
AngryBadger
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
AngryBadger

Male
Brawl FC : 3051-5262-4330

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:25 pm

I like the idea Dusk. Also I'd love to be a tutor, hopefully I qualify for the job Wink
Back to top Go down
Conway
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Conway

Male
Brawl FC : 0946-5576-7124

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:06 pm

A great idea, support it fully. And no its not just because it has a "Special thanks to Conway" seal on it. That's not it at all.

Not at all.

Nope.
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male
Brawl FC : 1161-0480-7751

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:35 am

Well thought out idea MDusk. I'd love to help out the fellow kiddies get better at their game, that way wii can all play more epic free-for-for all's.

I'll be a morning tutor.
12:00a.m. - 3:00a.m. and 8:00a.m. - 11:00a.m. -|Pacific Standard Time|-
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 4:59 pm

I think I might as well clarify a bit of the stuff floating around in this thread. I guess I'll start it up by saying this...

You all have been misinterpreting "new players". I don't mean new members of RD (I would've said so if I did), I mean players fairly new to the competitive scene. This system was originally created for current members of RD, new members were not a factor. I knew it could be a future help, but it's made with the present in mind. So anyone at RD right now may feel free to go for some tutoring. This leads into the second point...

The Tutor System (TS) is not yet proven as an efficient system, and therefore adding more tutors will be a wasteful process if it does not become beneficial. In light of this, I will be the ONLY tutor until a test run has been performed with someone from our chat. I know for a fact we have members who could (and may want to) have a session to help with this. If my first attempt is moderately successful, I will open up the system to more tutors. If not, I will improve upon the system and try again. I have added a "CURRENTLY UNDER TESTING" to the OP. It will be removed once a successful run has been performed. This leads me to the last thing...

I am the sole moderator of the TS. I will approve of members and check their credibility, and no other tutors may assume a position to appoint others into the system. Flame, you must apply for it later, you cannot become one simply by saying your times and that you will. I will create an application process once the system has become successful. Because a lot of it is based on how you teach things, that is why proving your ability to teach is an important part of being accepted.

Hopefully that clears some of this up.

EDIT: The "Post Reserved" is where the application form will go.
Back to top Go down
StarGalaxy777
Hunter
StarGalaxy777

Male
Brawl FC : 3781-0731-7137

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:20 pm

TheMasterDusk wrote:
I think I might as well clarify a bit of the stuff floating around in this thread. I guess I'll start it up by saying this...

You all have been misinterpreting "new players". I don't mean new members of RD (I would've said so if I did), I mean players fairly new to the competitive scene. This system was originally created for current members of RD, new members were not a factor. I knew it could be a future help, but it's made with the present in mind. So anyone at RD right now may feel free to go for some tutoring. This leads into the second point...

The Tutor System (TS) is not yet proven as an efficient system, and therefore adding more tutors will be a wasteful process if it does not become beneficial. In light of this, I will be the ONLY tutor until a test run has been performed with someone from our chat. I know for a fact we have members who could (and may want to) have a session to help with this. If my first attempt is moderately successful, I will open up the system to more tutors. If not, I will improve upon the system and try again. I have added a "CURRENTLY UNDER TESTING" to the OP. It will be removed once a successful run has been performed. This leads me to the last thing...

I am the sole moderator of the TS. I will approve of members and check their credibility, and no other tutors may assume a position to appoint others into the system. Flame, you must apply for it later, you cannot become one simply by saying your times and that you will. I will create an application process once the system has become successful. Because a lot of it is based on how you teach things, that is why proving your ability to teach is an important part of being accepted.

Id love to be your test dummy
Back to top Go down
CallousVulpix
Hunter
CallousVulpix

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:29 pm

StarGalaxy777 wrote:
TheMasterDusk wrote:

Id love to be your test dummy

I think he was referring to me.... It's sad that I know I need to be better. silent
Back to top Go down
http://dragoniterider.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/CallousVulpix/
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:08 pm

Thread has been updated, the system is now out of testing, and I am directly appointing some people that I have already talked to about this system.
Back to top Go down
DJ
Drifter
DJ

Male
Brawl FC : 3266-8298-6302

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:15 pm

Will there be some official procedure to become a pupil, or do we just go to one of the tutors anytime to be tutored?
Back to top Go down
http://suirad12.deviantart.com/
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:24 pm

DJ wrote:
Will there be some official procedure to become a pupil, or do we just go to one of the tutors anytime to be tutored?
You can go and ask for a session at any time, but they have the right to turn it down
Back to top Go down
CallousVulpix
Hunter
CallousVulpix

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:24 pm

Shocked Chozo is a tutor? Well now it looks like I have 2 official tutors that can tutor me offline. silent (Not like they didn't before Razz )
Back to top Go down
http://dragoniterider.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/CallousVulpix/
~TNT~
n00blord
~TNT~

Male
Brawl FC : 4995-5995-8288

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:10 pm

I'd like to try this, if one of the tutors don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:06 pm

~TNT~ wrote:
I'd like to try this, if one of the tutors don't mind.
Sorry man, but this system actually expired some time ago. I'd forgotten that this thread wasn't closed, but it will be now. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training   The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tutoring System - 1 on 1 Training
Page 1 of 1