About Wi-Fi MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
About Wi-Fi MRtzfpQ
Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRD WebsiteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum is under immense reconstruction at the moment, but new members are still welcome to register
Newly registered members should start by making an introduction thread.
Any other thread they attempt to make will be locked until an introduction has been made.
All users with zero posts will be removed at the end of the month.
If you have any ideas, hit up the admins in the chat or shoot them a PM.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Conway was here in 2020
About Wi-Fi EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 5:08 am by Conway

» Happy Birthday to TDP
About Wi-Fi EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:44 pm by CallousVulpix

» It's time for RD to revive
About Wi-Fi EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 pm by AngryBadger

» Hello boys and girls
About Wi-Fi EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:03 pm by AngryBadger

» Rapid Dissension Skype chat group
About Wi-Fi EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 pm by Chozo

» How did Rosalina get in over Daisy
About Wi-Fi EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 am by ~Momentai~

» Sound Off?
About Wi-Fi EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:28 pm by Chozo

» Requesting a Smash Meeting
About Wi-Fi EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 3:10 pm by StarGalaxy777

» SSB4 3DS
About Wi-Fi EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 am by AngryBadger

» We need an SSB4 section.
About Wi-Fi EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 am by AngryBadger

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

About Wi-Fi

Go down 
+2
Chozo
Darkmetroidomega
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male
Brawl FC : 2320-5897-5717

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:10 am

I truly cannot believe it. I didn't think a thread was necessary for this, but tonight has shown me the ugly side of a few people, and because of this, I am going to make a thread explaining it:

Stop taking Wi-Fi seriously. It's sickening. Chozo and I quit it for a reason.

That is all.

Last edited by TheMasterDusk on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/darkmetroidomega
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male
Brawl FC : 1334-0833-5623

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:55 am

TheMasterDusk wrote:
Chozo and I quit it for a reason.

It's gay lol
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
Torb
n00blord
Torb

Male
Brawl FC : 5412-9861-3581

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 1:31 pm

Please tell me I'm not one of those people.

EDIT: If it's about yesterday. That time many of us had to leave, well I passed my play time limit.

Last edited by Torb on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Conway
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Conway

Male
Brawl FC : 0946-5576-7124

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:49 pm

If your talking about star getting mad he wasn't actually angry, he just had to leave.

If your talking about me leaving last night, I was just tired of it.

And if your talking about feng leaving, it was very late and he was sleepy.

If you are not talking about any of the above, then I have this to say: Brawl shouldn't be taken seriously. Sure you can be competitive, but honestly its a game about a bunch of strange characters with stranger moves running around on a floating stage throwing magic missles and falcawn pawnches at each other.

A tad silly.
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male
Brawl FC : 1161-0480-7751

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:21 am

Yesterday was incredible.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:01 pm

Conway wrote:
If your talking about star getting mad he wasn't actually angry, he just had to leave.

If your talking about me leaving last night, I was just tired of it.

And if your talking about feng leaving, it was very late and he was sleepy.

If you are not talking about any of the above, then I have this to say: Brawl shouldn't be taken seriously. Sure you can be competitive, but honestly its a game about a bunch of strange characters with stranger moves running around on a floating stage throwing magic missles and falcawn pawnches at each other.

A tad silly.
The latter is correct; I'm not talking about anyone leaving. I'm talking about what happened DURING the games. I don't think I need to update the OP. It's pretty obvious, really.
Back to top Go down
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Chozo

Male
Brawl FC : 1334-0833-5623

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:18 pm

TheMasterDusk wrote:
I'm talking about what happened DURING the games. I don't think I need to update the OP. It's pretty obvious, really.

But I want all of the gruesome details... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
Conway
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Conway

Male

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:38 pm

I dont really see how you can convey anger in a fighting game, you might need to give the aformentioned gruesome details
Back to top Go down
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:54 pm

Conway wrote:
I dont really see how you can convey anger in a fighting game, you might need to give the aformentioned gruesome details
I'm pretty sure you can guess what I'm talking about, but Brawl CAN convey anger. Once you get into the full depth of the game, raging causes similar effects in almost all players (some are stone-cold walls and don't change at all. They're like Robocop). For example, you don't think straight when mad. You just want to remove that source of anger. You don't think, so you make bad moves in an attempt to destroy the other player. Afterwards, proceed to taunt, because why not? Not like you can trash-talk through Wi-Fi. Some people taunt, some just win and let their opponent fume on the other end. Increased taunting is just a more telegraphed version. The last way to show anger (besides RQ and straight up "go die") is to ditto someone's main. This doesn't necessarily mean rage, but if both of the previous symptoms are present, the probability of it being a rage-move is much higher. Unfortunately, that option generally doesn't work and only ends up backfiring. After that comes the final stage before RQ: "I'll do everything as gay as possible just so I can beat my opponent and rub his/her face in it." Generally, it works wonders on Wi-Fi. It doesn't always, though. Then comes the RQ, johns, butthurt, and eventually it blows over for about another week.

While it doesn't always go in that specific order, that's basically Wi-Fi telegraphed rage on Brawl. Hopefully it doesn't need any further explanation than that. Also Conway, the Ganon was funny. You've definitely improved.
Back to top Go down
Conway
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Conway

Male

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:54 pm

I do occasionally get mad, but due to constant online gaming (in particular the FPS genre) I tend to not rage quit ever, simply because it looks bad.

I cant speak for anyone else of course but myself I usually just use taunts for the sake of humor, I am not really one to go and taunt simply because I think I was teh winrar and u are teh suck. Also glad you liked the Ganon, im quite enjoying playing as him and even got a few wins in on Star the other day.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter
TheDarkPlumber2.0

Male
Brawl FC : 4426 1734 7606

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm used to being the clan's punching bag, so I rarely get mad. I will say I d/c'd on Dusk right as he was going to kill me, which looked really really bad. My taunts are "Fail", "that just happened", "Sweet Sweet lag", and a changing fourth one. They're situational. I do gang-bang the player I think threatens me the most in FFAs, but that's just solid tactics.
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter
flamemetal3

Male
Brawl FC : 1161-0480-7751

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:15 pm

I do get bloodthirsty when I play online with people but I never get angry. The only time I might, maybe, possibly, get angry is if I'm having a one-on-one with our mains and the lag does something to my button input and then I die because of it. Actually not even that. It's only when my Wii freezes because someone chooses Smashville at around 5:00 p.m..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!
Darkmetroidomega

Male

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 6:41 pm

While it hasn't been much time since this thread's creation, not much really ever changes. I'm still seeing the obvious butthurt signs and such. I know it's not going to be possible to completely eradicate this, but it just annoys me how seriously Wi-Fi is constantly taken. Which brings it over to the point: why is it so serious? Do you NEED to win? Usually, no. They're just friendlies, so quit trying to make everything frustrating just so you can win in a match that doesn't mean anything at all. Wanna do that in tournies? Be my guest. Do it in friendlies? You're not gonna have friends to play them with if you can't ever lighten the hell up and have some fun. We're also in an arbitrary state of gathering clips for the cv, and I seem to recall we had this discussion already. It's pretty much the same thing.

Friendlies don't need to be won. They don't mean anything. I know a lot of you (including myself) have the misconception of judging skills by friendlies, which is an awful lie to yourself and to the players. "I beat you in Wi-Fi friendlies, I r teh bezt". Think about what you just said. WI-FI FRIENDLIES. Yeah, we'll see those results up on the Power Rankings board in no time.

tl;dr
stop "gaying" to win, just have fun in friendlies.
we're making a cv, get some damn clips by doing cool stuff, not being the 40th person to play Falco with uber-camping.
winning in wi-fi and in friendlies doesn't mean you're better.
power rankings are decided by legitimate factors, so if you aren't on there, you're NOT the best.

Lrn2havefun.
Back to top Go down
Conway
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado
Conway

Male

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 6:45 pm

TheMasterDusk wrote:
While it hasn't been much time since this thread's creation, not much really ever changes. I'm still seeing the obvious butthurt signs and such. I know it's not going to be possible to completely eradicate this, but it just annoys me how seriously Wi-Fi is constantly taken. Which brings it over to the point: why is it so serious? Do you NEED to win? Usually, no. They're just friendlies, so quit trying to make everything frustrating just so you can win in a match that doesn't mean anything at all. Wanna do that in tournies? Be my guest. Do it in friendlies? You're not gonna have friends to play them with if you can't ever lighten the hell up and have some fun. We're also in an arbitrary state of gathering clips for the cv, and I seem to recall we had this discussion already. It's pretty much the same thing.

Friendlies don't need to be won. They don't mean anything. I know a lot of you (including myself) have the misconception of judging skills by friendlies, which is an awful lie to yourself and to the players. "I beat you in Wi-Fi friendlies, I r teh bezt". Think about what you just said. WI-FI FRIENDLIES. Yeah, we'll see those results up on the Power Rankings board in no time.

tl;dr
stop "gaying" to win, just have fun in friendlies.
we're making a cv, get some damn clips by doing cool stuff, not being the 40th person to play Falco with uber-camping.
winning in wi-fi and in friendlies doesn't mean you're better.
power rankings are decided by legitimate factors, so if you aren't on there, you're NOT the best.

Lrn2havefun.

All I have to say is this: Ganon da bess.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

About Wi-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Wi-Fi   About Wi-Fi Empty

Back to top Go down

About Wi-Fi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RD Archive :: The Old General Board-
Jump to: